Looking for the best pressure washer in 2022? Picking the best pressure washer can decrease the time it takes to clean your home, patio, deck, car or truck, or concrete driveway.
The best pressure washer can also provide you with a means of starting a pressure washing business that will ensure you build a solid revenue stream for yourself.
In this review of the top pressure washers of 2022, we give you a side-by-side comparison of the main features you should care about when purchasing a pressure washer.
Recommended: Generac 7122 SpeedWash, 3200 PSI, Orange
Best Pressure Washers
Purchasing a top pressure washer allows you to focus more on growing your pressure cleaning business. There are lots of power washers to pick from. We reviewed and ranked the 5 best pressure washers.
Choosing a pressure washer for your pressure washing business comes down to three things:
- Intended use
- Best overall user experience
In this review, we’ll look at some of the best pressure washers and share what makes them the top-rated choice. By the time you finish reading this review, you’ll know which one is right for you.
Our Best Pressure Washers for 2022:
- Generac 7122 SpeedWash is the best pressure washer for pressure washing businesses.
- Ryobi RY80942 is best gas pressure washer.
- Ryobi RY124300 is best electric pressure washer.
- Blubery 3600 is best pressure washer for cars.
- Sun Joe SPX3000 is best pressure washer to buy for home use.
Best Pressure Washer
We chose the Generac 7122 SpeedWash as the best pressure washer for a pressure washing business. The combination of great mobility, competitive pricing, power, and straightforward operation make the pressure washer a great choice when starting a pressure washing business.
We also chose Ryobi RY80942 as the next best choice if you need a great gas powered pressure washer for your pressure washing business.
Recommendation For Best Commercial Pressure Washer
Generac 7122 SpeedWash is the overall best pressure washer, providing the best features at an affordable price.
Best Pressure Washer: Generac 7122 SpeedWash
Continue reading our full breakdown of all 5 pressure washers below. You’ll find more information about gas pressure washers and electric washers, as well as honorable mentions and side-by-side comparisons.
Ryobi Pressure Washer Review: You can also check out our Best Ryobi Pressure Washer Review so you can see why we highly recommend a Ryobi pressure washer for both home use and commercial pressure washing jobs.
Test Note: We tested all of these pressure washers for their rated PSI using the Northstar Pressure Washer Pressure Gauge – 5000 PSI Pressure Gauge Kit with 3/8″ FPT Quick Coupler Socket and 3/8″ MPT Quick Coupler Plug that has a nearly 5 star rating on Amazon. Each of these models rated exact or better than they claimed, meaning you can feel good knowing you’re purchasing a high quality pressure washer (regardless if it is a gas pressure washer or electric pressure washer).
Top Pressure Washers
Here is our list of the top pressure washers for 2022. With these you can start a pressure washing business or find a pressure washer that suits your needs:
1. Generac 7122 SpeedWash Gas Pressure Washer
Generac 7122 SpeedWash is the best pressure washer for starting a pressure washing business. Generac 7122 offers speed and reliability retailing at only $529. That’s ultra inexpensive for a top quality commercial pressure washer.
Generac 7122 SpeedWash Pros
- 50% faster than similar commercial pressure washers (Time is money; lost time is lost money!)
- Low cost commercial pressure washer (It pays for itself fast!)
- Reliable (Hundreds of hours on this model and it still runs as good as it did on day one!)
- Great add-ons: High Pressure Surface Cleaner, Gutter Cleaner Washer Attachment, Telescoping Wand.
Generac 7122 SpeedWash Cons
- If you want to clean larger areas without moving the machine around, you will have to upgrade the 25 foot hose to a 50 foot hose. This is the one we purchased: Generac 50 Foot Pressure Washer Hose.
Generac 7122 SpeedWash Features
The Generac 7122 SpeedWash includes many features made to help a pressure washing business succeed:
- Generac 7122: One of the most powerful gas models, it offers heavy duty cleaning fast. (We rated Generac as the best commercial pressure washer as well!)
- Push Button Electric Starter: Electric start is one of the most convenient features of a gas pressure washer. With it, you don’t have to bend down and manually crank the machine before starting it. This is a feature that will surely come in handy when you have a sore back from pressure washing all day or your muscles are stiff from being outside in the weather for too long.
- Lithium Ion Battery: The high quality LI-ION battery is environmentally friendly, as it does not contain any acid or heavy metals. It comes with included charger and holds charge for up to 18 months.
- Rotary Nozzle Spray Gun: The adjustable pressure washer nozzle makes it easy to switch between tasks. The power dial spray gun is also lightweight, which means you can pressure wash for hours without getting tired.
- Included detergent tank for added convenience: The on-board detergent tank adds to the convenience of the pressure washing experience. With a quick twist open, it is easier than ever to fill and replace detergent for those hard-core pressure cleaning jobs (soft washing a house, car wash, cleaning rust stains off concrete, etc.).
- 4 quick connect fittings included: 0 Degree, 25 Degree, 40 Degree, Soap
Best Pressure Washer: Generac 7122
Generac 7122 is the overall best pressure washer, providing a large number of features at an affordable price.
2. Ryobi RY80942 Gas Pressure Washer
Ryobi RY80942 delivers all of the cleaning power that is essential for a pressure washing business. Its quick connect spray tips, dual detergent tanks, stabilizing wheels, and powerful gas pressure washer motor will get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Ryobi is also known for their top-notch customer service; they provide their customers with answers, helpful tips, and insightful advice, and are highly trained U.S.-based support agents.
Ryobi RY80942 Pros
- Tough Honda powered engine (four stroke so no oil/gas mixing necessary, means reliable power)
- Built in detergent tank (onboard detergent tank auto dilutes at 20/1 ratio)
- Strong cleaning power (power wash rust stains and other tough stains with ease)
- Save money with great fuel consumption (one gallon per hour)
- Long 50 ft. hose (pressure wash vehicle without repositioning the pressure washer)
- Ryobi pressure washer boasts some of the best gas powered pressure washers on the market (strong water pressure, connect a garden hose fast, 3300 pounds per square inch of water pressure)
- Long lasting, low noise pressure washer (internal timing belt runs quieter and longer)
- Velcro hose reel for easy access (hose storage is a breeze even with a 50 ft. hose length)
- Solid steel frame (holds up with heavy use and protects pump head)
- Quick connect spray tips (quick connect nozzles keeps the water flow maintaining desired flow rate)
- Great hose quality (1/4 inch steel braided hose is great makes this a great power washer)
- Highly recommended add-on available for even more cleaning power: 6-in-1 Quick Change Nozzle
Ryobi RY80942 Cons
- Oil changes are required after first 5 hours, then every 50 hours of use to maintain warranty.
Ryobi RY80942 Features
Ryobi RY80942 is a close runner-up to the Generac 7122, you’ll receive the following features:
- The Ryobi RY80942 is powered by a Honda 190, 187 cc, 5.1 four stroke (no oil/gas mixing) motor.
- Inside the motor is an internal timing belt, which reduces noises and vibrations, making the pressure washer run quieter and better and ensures a longer life.
- Low idle: (1) saves fuel, (2) no loud noise, (3) only idles up when using water, (4) no braking procedure, (5) uses 10-30 motor oil (6) change out at 5 hours, then every 50 hours
- Runs for about an hour on a single tank of fuel.
- Onboard detergent tank (when soap mode is activated it automatically dilutes to a 20/1 ratio)
- Aluminum housing and sealed unit pump (maintenance free pump)
- On off kill switch for easy powering down
- Adjustable choke (many gas pressure washers don’t offer this feature these days)
- Fuel cut off for transporting (ensure safe transport)
- Easy two tab air filter removal for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Large 12 inch wheels (makes it easy to move while keeping it completely stable)
- Ryobi comes with a 3 year limited warranty, 2 year on motor
- Quick release handle for storage, takes up less space in garage
- Velcro strap for storing hose (ensures the hose stays put and doesn’t rub on the engine)
- Convenience holster for the gun (works even when the pressure washer handles are down for storage or transport)
- 50 ft. 1/4 in hose hose (not typical 25 ft. hose, can leave in one spot, walk all the way around the truck and stays in one spot)
- 5 position quick connect nozzles (rotator dial makes adjusting water pressure and fan width easy, unlike pop on nozzles that can pop off and get lost)
- Arrow for adjusting the nozzle degrees (40 degrees, fan soap for down low on a car, long soap for washing windows and vinyl siding, 0 degree for concrete rust stains, 25 degree is standard mode, used for most cleaning tasks) Turbo nozzle saves soooo much time!
Ryobi RY80942 is a popular pressure washer with higher pressure and a powerful Honda gas powered motor. Get a high quality gas washer with a high pressure hose that lasts .
3. Ryobi RY142300 Electric Pressure Washer
Similar to Ryobi RY80942, Ryobi RY142300 is the electric version of this stylish pressure washer brand. A little less power, but the benefits of being an all electric machine, this pressure washer ranks third on our best pressure washer list. This is by far the best electric power washer we’ve come across simply because the motor seems to outperform and outlast other brands we’ve used. For the best power washer though you’ll want a gas power washer like the Generac 7122.
Ryobi RY142300 Pros
There are many advantages of owning this electric pressure washer; namely, the powerful long-lasting Ryobi engine, and more:
- Extreme water pressure (perfect for hard to clean concrete rust stains, washing dirty vehicles, and more)
- Easy to transport and easy to store
- 12-inch wheels for easy transportation
- Built-in safety features (kill switch, motor idler, waterproof on-off switch)
- Best warranty (3-years personal warranty, 90-day commercial use warranty)
- Built to use M20 fittings (means you can interchange other pressure washing guns, wands, tips, and other parts interchangeably)
- Much more!
Ryobi RY142300 Cons
- Downside: Little wobbly side-to-side (bushings oversized and axles little small)
Ryobi RY142300 Features
The Ryobi Ry142300 offers a lot of value for the price. This electric pressure washer includes:
- Pre-assembled handle (convenient and quick to put together right out of the box)
- Steel nozzle tips holder (not cheap plastic like most competitors offer)
- Stainless steel and brass tip extension wand (well made and durable)
- Single high pressure 15 degree tip, soap and turbo nozzles are included with the instruction manual pack.
- 25-foot braided nylon hose (decent, but feels a little stiffer, and fittings seen a bit flimsier than you might find in a gas pressure washer hose)
- Large 12-inch wheels (easy to transport and move up stairs, etc.)
- Stainless steel bolts hold the high-intensity engine together
- Overall build quality appears better than some competing brands (e.g., Green Works, Sun Joe).
- Best warranty (Three years; 90 days for commercial or rental use)
- Straightforward assembly – few minutes – (snap on the handle, hang the hose on the Velcro secured nylon strap, wrap power cord around its bracket, connect water supply, turn on, spray, done)
- Gun and extension assembly has brass fittings and double O-rings, stored on the left side of the machine for easy access, even when stored.
- Pre-installed grommets hold the 15 degree nozzle, soap nozzle, and turbo a nozzle.
- Can purchase after market quick connects for the unit, built using M20 industry standard fittings. Great because most electric pressure washers (especially less expensive ones) use non-upgradeable or proprietary hardware. Makes setup and breakdown faster. We recommend this Quick Connect Kit.
- Brushless induction engine (outperforms and outlasts rival brands)
- Waterproof and lighted switch
- Pump bolted to the motor very securely
- Solid cast aluminum housing
- Both the hose inlet and high pressure outlet are on the same side of this electric pressure washer (this feature makes rolling electric models easier when plumbing is attached)
- Only takes a couple seconds to purge the lines of air upon starting. Pulling the trigger the blast of pressure that comes out is impressive using the 25 degree nozzle.
- Cleaning a driveway or sidewalk with a 15 degree tip and point blank distance is great for cleaning. Does a great job dislodging ground in dirt, mildew, and even cleaning those harder rust stains that seem to magically show up.
- Doesn’t turn off, but idles down when one forgets to hook up the hose, before powering on (doesn’t spool like most other electric pressure washers which harms the engine).
- More energy efficient than most other electric pressure washers.
- Decibel meter ran only 81 decibels (not very noisy when powered on).
- Great Add On: Dusichin DUS-018 Foam Cannon Lance Pressure Washer Nozzle Tip Spray Gun 3000 PSI Jet Wash (At Lakeland Pressure Washing we use this exact model and add on for our mobile car and truck washing service.)
Ryobi RY142300 is one of the best electric pressure washers if you are working with a limited budget, and want a lot of added features. It will last a long time and give back a lot of value.
4. Blubery 3600 Gas Pressure Washer
The Blubery 3600 is a convenient gas powered pressure washer that’s great for cleaning cars, sidewalks, any anything really.
At Lakeland Pressure Washing we use the Blubery 3600 when we’re away from a power supply and need to wash cars and trucks quickly.
The Blubery 3600 is one of the best gas pressure washers for cleaning cars because of its perfect size, portability, and unbeatable reliability. It will clean anything dirty well and will impress even the most critical pressure washer.
Recommended: Purchase this hitch mounted cargo carrier, water proof cover, and set of ratchet straps to start your instant mobile pressure washing business. This is what we use for our setup and we love it!
Blubery 3600 Pros
- Rolls up our hitch mounted cargo carrier easily
- Great PSI for cleaning any exterior surface
- Triplex pump (won’t wear down as fast as axial pumps or those found on entry level machines like the Sun Joe electric pressure washer, but which axial pump is still better)
- One of the best gas powered pressure washers for cleaning cars and trucks (short mobile power washer, great wheels for transporting up and down ramps and uneven surfaces, most pressure washers wobble are higher up and can wobble)
- Strong cleaning power for extremely dirty surfaces (wheels, hub caps, wheel wells, engines, etc.)
- Built in detergent tank with good flow rate for soaping and cleaning cars
- Uses 10w-30 motor oil for easy oil changes (no gas/oil mixing needed)
Blubery 3600 Cons
- Water inlet and high pressure hose outlet are positioned in the rear of the unit, making them harder to connect (you’ll also need to pay attention and watch that the hose doesn’t rub on the engine).
Blubery 3600 Features
Blubery 3600 has many features to love, starting with a powerful 212 cc OHV engine. The power this motor exerts allows the pump to crank out 3600 PSI while using only 2.6 gallons of water per minute.
For cleaning cars and trucks this is our favorite gas washer because it is the only one on our list with pneumatic tires that will tread anywhere and because this gas pressure washer is near the ground, it stabilizes well under such extreme pressure. (Note: most pressure washers are upright and have a higher center of gravity, making them less stable).
We also like the quick connect nozzles that secure directly onto the front of the pressure washer, ensuring you always have them visible and within quick range when you need them.
- 212cc OHV engine, horizontal triplex pump, 3600 PSI max pressure, 2.6 gallons per minute water flow. Eliminates stubborn stains.
- Long 50 FT hose, threaded M22 pump/hose connection, 13” premium pneumatic wheels makes moving the gas pressure washer easy.
- 5 quick connect nozzle tips: 0°, 15°, 25°, 45° and a soap nozzle. Perfect for cleaning cars, trucks, house siding, and roofs.
- What You Get: Bluebery Gas pressure washer (fitted with detergent tank, hose reel, triplex pump); Pressure washer gun; 5 quick connect spray tips; Pneumatic tires; 50FT M22 Pressure Hose; User Manual
Best for Washing Cars: Blubery 3600
If you want to run a low cost pressure washing business to get started with we recommend the Blubery 3600 using our recommended setup: hitch mounted cargo carrier, water proof cover, and set of ratchet straps. This is all you need to get started and be successful as a pressure washer!
5. Sun Joe SPX3000 Electric Pressure Washer
Sun Joe SPX3000 is the best electric pressure washer for home use. It offers dual detergent tanks for extra cleaning power. And speaking of cleaning power, this is one of the best pressure washers for soft washing roofs and soft washing houses. The price is unbeatable for a 2030 max psi electric pressure washer like the Sun Joe SPX3000!
Lakeland Pressure Washing highly recommends this pressure washer and in fact we use this exact model when cleaning our homes and vehicles on our off days (What off days! LOL).
Sun Joe SPX3000 Pros
- Best electric pressure washer for home use with a build in detergent tank
- Quick connect nozzles attach easily and have no problem with its high pressure hose.
- High 2030 max psi electric pressure washer (Sun Joe beats other pressure washers within the same electric models category)
- Great customer service (text them anytime at 563563)
- Connects to a standard garden hose and a 110 volt electric power supply while delivering they type of pressure you might expect from gas washers.
- Perfect for cleaning outdoor furniture such as patio furniture, pool chairs, turf rugs, carports, and more.
- Engine is a powerful electric machine (electric powered means no gas or oil leaks or water leaks from the built in detergent tank)
- Axial Pump: Other electric models that cost more use electric powered pumps that have a much slower flow rate and are not near as good as popular pressure washers like the Sun Joe.
Sun Joe SPX3000 Cons
- No triplex pump but does have an axial pump that is dependable and designed to last for years
- Short 20-foot hose (35-foot power cord); may want to upgrade to 50-foot hose.
Sun Joe SPX3000 Features
- Powerful axial motor: 14.5-Amp 1800-watt motor builds to 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM of water flow
- Best pressure washers for home use: Clean homes, buildings, RV’s, cars, trucks, boats, decks, driveways, patios, lawn equipment, playgrounds, pools, fences, decks, carports, and more. With two removable 0.9 L onboard detergent tanks, you can store different types of detergent to handle different cleaning tasks.
- TSS (Total Stop System): Saves increases motor and pump live by automatically shutting off when trigger is depressed.
Best Electric Pressure Washer for Home Use: Sun Joe SPX3000
If you need a great inexpensive pressure washer for regular use cleaning your home, vehicle, and other outdoor exteriors, look no further than the Sun Joe SPX3000. We love it! You will too!
Related Reading: How To Use Sun Joe Pressure Washer
Our Pressure Washer Review Methodology
Lakeland Pressure Washing evaluates each pressure washer based on the following:
- Value Pricing: Does the pressure washer offer value at an affordable price?
- Features: Does the pressure washer include vital features for the recommended uses?
- Reviews: How many 4-star and 5-star reviews versus 1-star and 2-star reviews?
- Customer Support: Is the customer service responsive, transparent, or just trying to upsell you on other products and services?
- Our main goal is to recommend the products that provide the best value for our visitors so they can more easily launch and grow a successful pressure washing business.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- Ryobi Pressure Washing Review
- How To Bid Pressure Washing Jobs
- Pressure Washing Insurance Cost
- How To Soft Wash A House
- How To Soft Wash A Roof
Images: Lakeland Pressure Washing