Curious to know when is pressure washing season? The best time to pressure wash your home is actually during summer months. But there’s more to it than that. Here’s what you need to know.
Why Plan Your Pressure Wash In Advance?
It is important to plan your pressure wash in advance because there are times when getting your home pressure washed is a bad idea. For example during the winter season. Pressure washing during winter weather, depending on where at you live, can actually hurt your home more than it helps it.
Why planning is important:
- Compare proposals and determine the best price
- Know what to expect and be able to prepare for the process
- You won’t have to put off pressure washing because you need time for a consultation
- Ensure your home’s exterior surfaces can withstand power washing (inclement weather may cause siding to become brittle)
- Mold and mildew may form if your home is left undried, causing allergies (a warm sunny day during late spring or summer is the best time to avoid health hazards like black mold from forming)
- To make sure gutters are free from blow leaves and other debris
- Create curb appeal (A good power wash may not wash your house completely during the rainy season and cold winter months.)
- Likely to pay more for power washing services during slow seasons, winter and autumn
Important Note: Many pressure washing services are not available during winter months. This is because there is less work available for pressure washers. You are likely to pay more hiring someone to wash your house when its cold outside.
What Is the Best Season to Wash Your Home
The best season to wash your home is undoubtedly summer and early summer is the best time. This is for several reasons.
Reasons summer is the best season for pressure washing services:
- Power washing eliminates old leaves stuck in your homes gutters
- Gets rid of mold and mildew from your homes exterior and roof
- Pressure washers see dirt and grime better so job quality is better
- The risk of electric shock from standing water is reduced since it evaporates more quickly during the summer months
- Tar and other heavy substances that can damage a lawn are easier to remove from surfaces when it is warm outside
- Grease and other cooking spills are more likely to wash away when it is warmer outside
- Summer is a great time to pressure wash decks and other outdoor areas, before they start to heat up and become too warm to work on
- Pressure washers work faster, saving you on the hourly rate
How Often Should You Pressure Wash Your Home
You should pressure wash your home at least once per year. Twice is sufficient in some locations, like Florida, where humidity is higher and freezing temperatures are rare.
Pressure washing your home can help to remove dirt, mold, and mildew from the exterior. However, it’s not a good idea to pressure wash your home too often as it can cause damage to the exterior paint and siding.
In the spring and late fall, you may want to pressure wash your home as it can help prevent dirt from taking a hold of your home as quickly.
If you have a pool, you will want to pressure wash your house more often as it can prevent algae from forming and discoloring your pool.
Pro Tip: At Lakeland Pressure Washing we actually use chlorine to help clean the mold and algae from vinyl siding when cleaning exterior walls.
When is pressure washing season, you ask? Different locations having different seasons dictate when is the best time to pressure wash a home. As a general rule summer is best for hiring a pressure washing business because of the dry sunny days that make dirt more show up more visible when power washed. It is also the best time for cleaning siding and other exterior parts around your home, like a deck or roof.
Pressure washing during inclement weather is hard work, more expensive, and you may have to wait to schedule a time when there is no snow or rain to hinder the service from taking place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is pressure washing seasonal?
Yes and no. Since pressure washing can be done at any time of the year, it isn’t seasonal. However, this is not the case everywhere. In locations where winter months involve inclement weather it is best to wait until late spring or early summer to pressure wash.
Is it better to power wash in fall or spring?
Many homeowners are often confused about the best time to power wash their homes. Some people mistakenly believe that it must be done in spring while some believe that fall is the best time.
Fall is not always the best time to power wash your home because of all the debris that accumulates on your roof, gutters, and downspouts throughout the year. It can take longer for these areas to dry in fall because of cooler weather.
It is better to wait until spring because of milder temperatures which allow for quicker drying times after washing your home.
Can you power wash in the winter?
There are many misconceptions when it comes to the topic of power washing in the winter. Contrary to popular belief, you can power wash in the winter. However there are some precautions that need to be taken before doing so. For example you should wear the proper seasonal attire, avoid pressure washing when it is cold outside as this causes siding to become brittle and break, and make sure you know how to winterize a pressure washer.
How often should I pressure wash my driveway?
Pressure washing your driveway should be done at least once every other month. This will help prevent any stains or grime from building up on your driveway. You might also want to pressure wash your driveway during the fall and spring months when there are higher rates of pollen, leaves, dirt, and other debris blowing around.
Best time to pressure wash house in Florida?
The best time to pressure wash your house in Florida is when the weather is dry.
When should I hire a pressure washer?
When you need pressure washing services, like cleaning a deck, cleaning a business, when you’ve driven your car on a dirt road, your house has mildew dirt build up, or any other time you need a quality power wash to clean different parts of your home, business, car, etc.